Smoking is bad. Of course, you don’t say to know that. In fact, everyone knows that. So why, why people still inhale the bad smoke into their chests? We’ve all seen people do it, so we have a fairly good idea about how it works.
What you might not know though, is that tobacco contains an addictive drug called nicotine and smoking a cigarette is the quickest and most powerful way to get it into the body.
Two poisons in tobacco that affect peoples’ health are:
- Carbon monoxide is found in car exhaust fumes and is fatal in large doses. It replaces oxygen in the blood and starves organs of oxygen and stops them being able to function properly.
- Tar is a sticky, brown substance that coats the lungs and affects breathing.
Smoking affects many different areas of the body. Below, we tell you exactly Why is smoking bad for your health?
Why is smoking bad for your health?
Cigarette smoke has an affect on nearly every organ in the body, causes many diseases and has a negative impact on your health in general.
When you smoke your body takes in a lot more than just nicotine: Cigarette smoke is packed with additional toxic chemicals including tar and carbon monoxide.
The tar and carbon monoxide, in turn, can increase the likelihood of having a stroke by 2 to 4 times. Strokes can cause brain damage and death.
Chemicals in tobacco smoke increase the chance of heart problems and cardiovascular diseases. Some of the most common are:
- Coronary heart disease – narrow or blocked arteries around the heart. It is among the leading causes of death in the U.S.
- Heart attack.
- Heart-related chest pain.
Long-term passive smoking is where the increased risks really start to kick in. I mentioned pretty early on that lung cancer risk and heart disease can be thirty percent more likely – admittedly, that was mainly to get your attention. But the point is secondhand smoke deserves more attention.
How to avoid the smoke?
If it’s so bad for me why do so many people smoke? This is the question that has been asked over and over again. People may smoke for any number of reasons:
- Some are curious about it and want to give it a try
- Peer Pressure: Others may take up smoking because their friends are doing it
- Stress: Some see smoking as a way to relieve their feelings of stress or anxiety in social situations
- People who come from a family of smokers might choose to smoke cigarettes out of habit
- You also can’t rule out the idea of someone lighting up because they’re used to a culture of social smoking, especially in nightclub smoking areas.
So here are something to help you avoid smoking.
Just hold your curiosity
I know, I know. It’s hard, but you must keep your curiosity to lowest level. If you don’t start, there is no way you can addict to it. Our best advice to you is don’t start. That way, you’ll never have the problem of trying to quit.
Moreover, you should avoid secondhand smoke. Even if you don’t smoke it’s important to avoid being around people when they are smoking as second hand smoke is bad for your health.
Buy an air purifier
You can’t ask other people not to smoke, right? So buying an air purifier is the best way to save your life. An air purifier is a device that can filter the air from anything harmful and as tiny as 0.3 microns. The air purifier can also absorb the smoke and odors, so you only breathe the fresh air. So the best practice is buying a best air purifier for smoke right away.
Make the choice to quit
If you do smoke, consider quitting. It’s a brilliant thing to do, and it will hugely benefit your health and well-being. Remember, there is plenty of help and support available.
Below are the benefits of quitting smoke
- The health benefits start right away when you quit smoking
- Straight away, you will have fresher breath, hair and clothes
- Straight away, you will have more money in your pocket
- Within 20 minutes blood pressure and pulse rate begin to return to normal and circulation will improve
- Within 1 day the carbon monoxide level in your blood will drop and the oxygen level will go up
- Within 2 days you will have a better sense of taste and smell
- Within 3 days you will feel fitter and less breathless
- Within one year the risk of sudden death from a heart attack is almost cut in half
- Your risk of cancer is also reduced
Related posts: How to overcome the allergies?